Friday, November 14, 2008

Pick of the Patch

Last fall when I attended Scrapfest at Mall of America in Minneapolis, I noticed a lot of pumpkin pictures being scrap booked. That's when I started thinking about this title and was surprised no one had used it. I had thought of asking my youngest sister to take a picture of their little boy sitting with pumpkins, but I forgot.

The other day I was looking at some of the pictures my sister had taken and there he was sitting among all the pumpkins. I felt like I was being told to follow through with my idea. After seeing his picture, I decided to alter a picture frame that I had bought for half price at Target after Halloween. 

I water-colored  the leaves with my aqua painter, cut them out and mounted them with glue dots; they are from the "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set. The swirls are from the "Priceless" stamp set and are stamped with Stazon ink. The letters are from "Naturally Serif" Sizzix die cuts. The pumpkins were also water-colored; they are from "Autumn Harvest". While the paper was still somewhat damp, I turned the pumpkins over and rubbed on them to stretch the paper and give them a rounded appearance. They are mounted with double thick dimensionals.

We are so thankful for this precious little life that God has blessed our family with. He is the pick of the patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you for leaving a comment.