Monday, March 15, 2010

What's happened to my brain?
Card challenge SCCSC7

My daughter asked me to bring my Big Shot and scalloped square when I was going to visit her. She wanted to make one of those famous Big Shot rag bags. In the meantime during packing, I forgot to grab my sister's birthday card. So once I got to my daughter's house I found myself in need of making the card and was challenged to use only the supplies my daughter had on hand plus my Big Shot with only the scallop square die.


Thankfully Diane Noble had emailed the Stampin' Connection's card sketch challenge SCCSC7 to our SU Diva group (Thanks Diane, it makes it so much easier to find). With the sketch to help with the layout inspiration, my next challenge was to decide on colors. Boy I never realized how much I used my color wheel to help me decide which colors to use together.



Here's my masterpiece! (big grin)
I just love how the new scalloped punch fits inside the Big Shot's scalloped square die.


So what do you think of my limited resources card? Okay it's not so limited, but without my craft room at my fingertips it sure felt that way   ; )

Here's a couple pictures of my daughter and her helper cutting out her butterfly purse:


Notice the butterflies!


I had taken some pictures of the other pieces, but they were blurry. Hopefully over Easter we can get it sewn together for her and I can post the finished purse then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you for leaving a comment.