Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Convention swap card

Below is the card I made to swap with other demonstrators at the Stampin' Up! convention. I wanted to include the 3-D flower from my "Mom" card that I posted earlier, however I was so excited about going to the convention and had so many ideas that I was having trouble concentrating ... in other words I was a mess!

If it wasn't for my daughter's patient listening as I babbled on and on, I never would have gotten 96 cards done. Therefore many, many thanks goes to my daughter Amber for helping me focus, simplify my card layout, and for all the hours of help in assembling the cards.

Stampset: Great Friend Paper: DSP-Razzleberry Lemonade, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Green Galore Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Green Galore Accessories: Sweetest Stem Embosslit Punches: Trio-flower, 5 petal flower

I love all the texture you get by folding the 2 of the 5 petals up before attaching the flower to the stem. Here is a close up of what the first 10 cards looked like:

Now you're probably wondering why only 10 cards when I said we made 96. Sadly the length of time that it took to do the folding and gluing on 10 cards, I decided I needed modify the way the flower looked in order to speed up the assembly time. So after ripping out my compulsive heart, and taking a several deep breaths, the rest of my swaps were finished with the little flowers being layered on the left and a single bud on the right side. (I just wanted to share the different options on how you could make these delightful 3-D flowers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you for leaving a comment.