Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine projects, SCCSC3=Easel card

I thought I was off to a good start when the stampers arrived, however I soon found myself laying things down and then not being able to find them. I couldn't believe it when I mislaid the cut card stock for their easel card; I had to re-cut ALL the pieces while the club members worked on their first two projects.

Then when it finally was time to make that card I also mislaid my mat packs . One minute I was taking my mat packs out of my drawer and the next I found myself at the table holding only the piecing tools. Thankfully we quickly found the mis-laid packs and everyone had a good chuckle. It was just one of those days where a good long scream could have helped. 'Know what I mean?


This little gem was a case of ______'s card. I found the directions on her blog, and thought I saved her address. See it really was a day of losing things.  I loved the idea of using the slit punch to hold the card closed.


If this is yours or you know who's card it is,
please let me know so they can get credit for it.

I try to remember to ask my hostesses to pick one of my sample cards that they want to make for their project. It makes planning so much easier when I know what they want to learn. Here's a peak at my "Berry Pine Stamping" display wall.


The hostess picked the black & red card from a SAB swap made by Mary Hophner. Her simple design lends to the card's elegance and the classic colors of black & white with red accents really pop and catch your eye. It's versatile enough that it can be used as a Valentine's Day card or a wedding card depending on the sentiment you stamp inside. Great design Mary, thanks for letting me post your card.


Now for THAT easel card that gave me so much trouble.
For the front / stand up part of the card, I used Stampin' Connections card sketch challenge tagged as SCCSC3. It was created by Diane Nobel who is part of the Design team for Stampin' Connection AND is one of my sister demonstrators from Patsy Waggoner's downline team.




Everyone really enjoy making this card. It was putzy, but that's my speciality even when I try to be simple. Several of the club members talked about bringing it to work the following day to show it off to their office mates. I sometimes think there's an unspoken contest happening between them.

Here's close up  so you can see the details a little better:

My wish for you is your heart is filled with love this Valentine's.
Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great day. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you for leaving a comment.